Next to the room La Vienne we have the room Charente. A real authentic room with the old beams still visible. Even the support beams in the walls are still visible.
Room Charente has also two single beds and a wardrobe. You will also have a basin and a private toilet in the hallway. The shower is in the room La Vienne.
During July and August (peak season) these rooms can’t be booked seperately. They’re part of the gîte “Belle Vue”.
|Bed linnen||7,00||per person per week|
|Set of towels||7,50||per week, 2 big and 2 small (indoor use only)|
|Baby bed||7,00||per week, excl. bed linnen|
|Baby chair||7,00||per week|
|Fire wood||25,00||unlimited per week|
|Extra person||35,00||per week|
|Cleaning||30-75,00||n.a. when you do the cleaning|
|Tourist tax||0,50||per person per day over 18|
- Swimming pool – 10x6m, max. depth 1.20m
- Boules “Pétanque” court in the garden (bring your own set)
- Table tennis (bring your own bats and balls)
- Pic-nic tables – based on availability
- Washing machine and dryer (for a small fee)
- Hiking maps – free available
- BBQ – free
- Bread service – 6 days a week during peak season
- Playground for the children
- Basketball field
- Campfire – not during period of serious drought
- During peak season gites can only be booked per week
- Arrival on Saturday from 16.00 hours, check out before 11.00 hours.
- Single rooms are not available during peak season!
- Unfortunately you can not pay with credit card
- Pets are not allowed in the gites / rooms
- Peak season July 7th – August 18th
Our rooms can not be booked seperately during July and August.
The surrounding of Le Petit Mas d’Ile is ideal for a nice bike ride.
Bring a bike with at least 10 gears, and you shouldn’t have any problems with the hills and you can set out on well marked routes from 10km to 40km.
You prefer the mountainbike? No problem, you can hire them through “bike hire direct”.
Finally, you can also go for a ride on the Vélo Rail. Up to 5 people you peddle on a 9km old railway line
From the entrance of Le Petit Mas d’Ile you can already start your first on many walks. From a short walk to the Castle of St Germain to some longer walks around Esse and Lesterps. For each walk we have detailed maps and many walks are also suitable for (little) children. Don’t hesitate to ask for more information.
Swimming is a must during your holiday and the possibilities are plenty. Go for a nice day out to Lacs de Haute Charente including nice beaches, restaurant, shower and toilets. But also nearby you can already find small rivers to play in or to cool down. Confolens has a big outdoor swimming pool, including diving boards and slides, but of course you can also relax and chill around our swimming pool.
What can be more fun than a canoe trip on the river La Vienne on a hot summer day? Every day you can go out for a trip. Different distances to choose from. Anyone can join, life vests and helmets will be supplied, but of course, everything at your own risk.
Friendly horses graze in the field attached to our campsite. These are the horses of Valerie who will accompany you on a nice ride through the surrounding. No matter if you are an experienced rider or not, anything is possible, even a ride with a carriage.
No matter your age, there’s always a park for you. Watch the monkies in Vallée des Singes or climb ropes and trees in Parc Aventure Massignac. But don’t forget to visit Futuroscope, a real must see.
During the 2nd week of August Confolens is one big theatre during the “Festival de Confolens”. Different groups from all over the world will perform with singing and dancing at a very high level. During the week several groups will just play for fun in the street, so don’t be surprised when you are suddenly faced with Mexican violins or the drums from Tahiti. A beautiful and friendly atmosphere together with lovely food and cold drinks. What a week.
Other festivities are every other week the Producers Market “Marche du Producteurs” and of course nearly every weekend the Carboot Sale “vide grenier” and several other markets.
Not one, not two, but many castles can be visited in the surroundings of Confolens. For some you’ll have to make an appointment, but others are always open. The best one to visit is La Rochefoucauld with the “must do” ……… dress up into a knight or a dame.
- Ruins of the castle of St Germain de Confolens
- The war monument at Oradour sur Glane
- The fairytale castle at La Rochefoucauld
- The cities of Angouleme, Poitiers and Limoges
- Chateau Nanteuil en Vallée en Rochebrune